Volunteer/Pit Crew & friends of educate a bull Info Page
Updates/Information : A place to find updates and information for our wonderful volunteers... If you are not receiving volunteer emails, please check your email settings or email Beth @firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any contact changes.Hello Friends of Educate a Bull , 01/15/12 We are so excited to begin a new year of organizing educate a bull inc so we can be the best we can be!! We are hoping to have many tasks divided up for 2012 so we can develop more community outreach programs and begin grant writing. ( A shelter in the future so no pit bull dogs would ever have to be turned away, is our ultimate goal!!) We are currently looking for motivated, devoted & active volunteers to be a pit crew team member for the following committees and departments. Please email me at email@example.com to commit to a team. You will then be contacting everyone to begin training, and introducing you to your team leaders and coordinators. With our winning team, we will more than exceed our goals this year! Not a official volunteer to the group yet?? It is as simply as going to this link and filling out a volunteer application form! http://educateabull.rescuegroups.org/forms/
- Foster Care Givers- We are looking for foster care givers to provide love, training and affection to our ADOPT A BULLS. All dogs in eab's foster care program have been temperament tested and evaluated for non aggression by our President; Beth Ann Klein. All dogs will be chosen and fostered by Beth for two weeks to ensure safety before they would join your household. Eab inc supplies all food, medical care and supplies- you just supply the love! Foster care givers MUST crate, house and obedience train their fosters. We strong believe to be a cut above all other rescues by making every dog entering the program an ambassador of the breed.This position has no time limit- responsible pit bull owners are hard to find and we place all dogs responsible. So you can be expected to foster for a week to several months until the right match comes along. This is probably the only downfall of this volunteer position besides having to say good bye.
- 2. Adoption Committee- We are looking for volunteers to help interview adopters, process home visits, complete adoptions and promote our ADOPT A BULLS. You also would be responsible of promoting dogs up for adoption on Craig List and any other local media outlets.
- 3. Event Committee- We are looking for volunteers to attend events for fundraising purposes. You would be responsible about educating yourself on our organization and help make as much funds as possible during scheduled events.
- 4. Media/Promotions Committee- We are looking for volunteers that have a niche for promotions and are web savvy. We need to promote our programs, Hike a bulls, educational workshops, CAFE PRESS ( tshirt designs and sales) and our ADOPT A BULLS through newsletters, internet sites and any other advertising avenues.
- 5. Behavior and Training Committee- We are looking for volunteers responsible in assisting members of the community with avenues for training and how to be responsible pit bull owners. In addition, we are also looking for 2012 Hike a Bull Season Pack Leaders. ( Pack Leaders need to be available on most Sunday mornings at 10 am from spring to the end of fall and be comfortable about leading the pack!) You also should have basic knowledge on how dogs learn and basic obedience training experience.
- 6. Educational Workshop Committee- We are looking for a team of humane educators to give presentations and educate our community on Dog Bite Prevention, Empathy and Proper Care of Pets, Dog Fighting Awareness in our Community, and Who we are as an organization and how to educate to dispelling damaging myths of the APBT. An educational background is a plus but not necessary.
- 7. Surrender Committee- We are looking for volunteers to assist erie county bully owners in avenues for keeping dogs in their homes rather than surrender them to rescues or other humane societies. You would have many resources on renting with pit bulls, home owners insurance options, training and behavior assistance, and supplies to help owners in our community when they believe surrendering is their only option.
- 8. Fundraiser Committee- A pit crew is needed for year round fundraising ideas by ways of sales of items, merchandise, requesting corporate sponsorships, web links to Pit Friendly Companies, Tee Shirt sales etc.
9. Adoption Event Committee- We are looking for a pit crew to attend adoption events with our adoption partners ( Pets Supplies Plus, Petco, etc) to showcase our ADOPT A BULLS. We would also ask that you help recruit new volunteers into the pit crews and have a knowledge of our organization, adoption policies and our adopt a bulls .
10. Spay and Neuter Task Force Committee- Since over population is a huge portion of the homeless pit bull problem, we would like a team of spay and neuter advocates and educators. You would be responsible of spay and neuter/overpopulation education & Statistics, and fundraising for low income spay and neuter clinic organizing team.
Please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for any above committees.
I thank you in advance for your support to educate a bull inc.
Beth Ann Klein
Beth Ann Klein
educate a bull
an educational bully breed rescue
A deserving dog is looking for you to foster or adopt him TODAY! Please let us know if you are willing to open your heart and home to a deserving dog!
VOLUNTEERS OF THE MONTH
Educate a bull values it’s BACK BONE; our volunteers.
Their tireless effort, support and devotion never goes
unrecognized. Without our volunteers, we simply could not do what we do… Conscientious, compassionate
volunteers are the glue that holds us together and we
appreciate the chance to show our thanks!
MELANIE KEEM AUGUST 2010
We wanted to thank Melanie for her hard work and devotion to educate a bull. Melanie has been an active volunteer since 05/22/09. She has helped with many of our events and is the proud owner of eab rescue dog; Foster. She has put in many hours on our eab Adoption Committee and recently has spearheaded our first ever Calendar Contest. Thanks Melanie for all that you do!!
LISA BLENDOWSKI SEPTEMBER 2010
Lisa Blendowski has been a volunteer for educate a bull for several years, she began by helping with our many fundraising events and is the proud owner of Ava. Lisa joined us first as a volunteer at events and quickly took on many more tasks. Her tireless efforts as eab's Surrender Coordinator, to our Volunteer Coordinator. She has singlehandedly got eab on the road to incorporation and is currently working on filing for our non for profit status. Thank you for devotion and passion to this organization!
LYNN BROWAREK OCTOBER 2010
Lynn has been a friend of educate a bull for many years. She is a pit bull owner as well as one of educate a bull's hardest working friends. Lynn can be commonly seen at events.... shampooing dogs, cooking or setting up tents for events. She can be seen at ALMOST every event. We appreciate her hardwork and dedication to educate a bull. We are happy to add Lynn as our newest board member- Treasurer. Thanks for all that you do, Lynn!
DAN KOMANSKI NOVEMBER 2010
Dan has been a friend and volunteer for sometime for educate a bull. He is a staple to our HIKE A BULL program and a trusted leader each Sunday morning. He is never afraid to take charge and is there everytime we need him. HATS OFF to Dan!! Thanks for going the extra mile!
TONYA MELLENTHIEN DECEMBER 2010
Tonya is the proud Mom of Murphy. She is a dedicated educate a bull volunteer who was a HUGE help at Barksgiving 2010. She even got up at the crack of dawn and brought sweet Murphy out into the cold and dark to be on TV with us to advertise the event. Tonya is always at the ready, eager to help us help the Bully's in any way we need. We are grateful for Tonya and all the effort and time she has given to eab!
BECKY LAVIS JANUARY 2011
Becky has been a life long animal lover... with a long history of saving needy dogs. She is the proud owner of Cypress, a rottie mix and Tiffa, another rescued pooch. Becky has been a supporter and foster caregiver for educate a bull for several years now. Her family is very loving to each and every puppy and pooch that stays with them. Becky has two young daughters that have been raised to love and care for bullies that have had the pleasure of residing in their care. Not only is Becky an educate a bull foster caregiver, she is also well educated in interviewing potential adopters and processing home visits. We are honored that Becky is on our board and she works very hard at fundraising to make our organization the best it can be. THANKS BECKY!
DAWN KOMANSKI FEBRUARY 2011
Dawn Komanski can be seen at most every Sunday HIKE A BULLS. The Komanski Family have been long time friends and supporters of educate a bull. She is surrounded daily by her bully broad of-Ceaser, Brutus and Delilah. She can be found most Sundays sharing heartwarming stories of her rescued dogs and the daily adventures in her household. Not only is she a volunteer for educate a bull for events, she recently became a HIKE A BULL Pack Leader. Thanks Dawn for making such a positive impact on the bully world!!
K.NELSEN MARCH 2011
K.Nelsen is more than just a volunteer, she is a dear friend to educate a bull. Not only is she an amazing animal lover, she has the most generous heart of anyone that we know. She dedicated herself to “Melvin”, an abandoned American Staffordshire Terrier dumped for dead by his owners. She researched and paid for alterative treatment and he has not had a seizure since. Even though she has been suffering from an ailment herself, she can always be seen at events and functions. Thank You K! We love you!
NEW!!! Check out our new Volunteer Appreciation Photo Gallery!!